suwama2013 Conference was postponed to October 2014
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
we regret to announce that SuWaMa Scientific Committee has postponed SuWaMa 2013 Conference to October 2014. The main reasons for this action are:
· insufficient number of participants for a Conference in April 2013,
· limited geographic reach of submitted abstracts and papers (predominately from 3 countries Brazil, Iran, and Turkey),
· abstracts and papers do not adequately address all Conference themes,
· less than 20 full papers received.
We recognize that many countries are experiencing fiscal stress as a result of the global economic crisis. We believe that world economic conditions have contributed to the limited registration for a Conference next April. As the world emerges from the economic crises we are committed to organize a satisfactory and beneficial SuWaMa Conference for October 2014.
Please be assured that our interests and enthusiasm for SuWaMa will be maintained in spite of these difficult times. And, your commitment of time and resources are not in jeopardy of being lost to you or our shared interests. We continue to be dedicated to maintaining and building a strong international network of professionals committed to our common goal of sustainable watershed management. Therefore, please note the following:
- If you submitted an abstract and it was accepted, you can consider it accepted for the SuWaMa Conference in October 2014. (There will be no need to send a new abstract.) Of course, you can withdraw your abstract. PLEASE INFORM US OF YOUR DISPOSITION ON THIS ISSUE - SPECIFICALLY, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO: (a) MAINTAIN YOUR ACCEPTED ABSTRACT FOR THE SuWaMa 2014 Conference; or (b) you choose to withdraw your abstract from the SuWaMa 2014 Conference.
- If you submitted a full paper, it will continued to be considered for the SuWaMa 2014 Conference. The Scientific Committee will continue to evaluate your paper and you will have the opportunity to present the paper as well as have it published by CRC Press as part of the SuWaMa 14 Proceedings. Of course, you can withdraw your paper. PLEASE INFORM US OF YOUR DISPOSITION ON THIS ISSUE - SPECIFICALLY, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO: (a) MAINTAIN YOUR SUBMITTED PAPER FOR THE SuWaMa 2014 Conference or (b) withdraw your paper from consideration for the SuWaMa 2014 Conference.
- If you registered for the SuWaMa 2013 Conference there is no need to register again for the SuWaMa 2014 Conference. AGAIN, PLEASE ADVISE US OF YOUR INTEREST IN SuWaMa 2014.
- If you transferred your registration fee for SuWaMa 2013 and you would like the registration fee applied as full registration for SuWaMa 2014, we can retain your registration fee. If you would like your SuWaMa 2013 paid registration fee returned, please send us your full account address (it must be a EURO account) and we will send it back to you. AGAIN, PLEASE ADVISE US OF YOUR INTEREST.
There is an opportunity that those of you that have submitted abstracts may want to consider. We encourage those with accepted abstracts to develop and submit a paper for publication. The SuWaMa Scientific Committee will review and provide comments on submitted papers. (Details on submission of papers can be found at the SuWaMa web site /?Dil=1&SID=785 Accepted papers will be published by CRC Press as SuWaMa 2014 Proceedings.
Personally, we are really sorry about postponing the SuWaMa 2013 Conference. We recognize that you share this disappointment. We, however, are hopeful that you will continue to join us in our shared interests in sustainable watershed management. We look forward to seeing all of you at SuWaMa 2014.
Prof. Dr. I. Ethem Gonenc, Chair of SuWaMa Conferences
P.S. We will send the announcement for the SuWaMa 2014 Conference.